Friday, February 13, 2009

MASH to ride Tour of California

... I still can't decided if this is a joke or not.

MASH SF to ride fixed in Tour of California

... maybe they are planning on being some sort of low-tech first wave of foot soldier in the war against The Govenor of Califorinia, Shimano electronic shifting, and skynet. I hear people have seen Christian Bale riding a fixie.

I think they underestimate how brutal a pro tour stage race is going to be. If the had a team in full skin suits, with new carbon wunderbikes ... I doubt they would finish stage one. Seeing as they are riding tight jeans, and steel fixed gears, I doubt they will finish the first climb.

I have visions of a MASH domestique working his heart out to bring a water bottle to their number one guy ... so he can fill his bong without stopping.

4 comments:

elkue said...

hahaha, that's awesome. i hope they enjoy their taste of a pro road race.

sam said...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Om7pveY9p-w/SZCf8InhNmI/AAAAAAAACXI/yYX1SLznWFs/s400/HN+Mash+kit.jpg

guess you haven't seen this, there are other pics of their kit at hipster nascar, seems pretty legit.

Avious said...

2 stages in the bag for the Mash boys! These guys are for real, they have a lot of heart and determination. I am sure they will do there best to complete the entire race. My hat goes off to them.

BaltimoreBicycleWorks said...

I admit. I was way off. I can't believe the finished stage one ... it was really nasty out too. Like crazy rain. I am impressed.