Tuesday, January 13, 2009

And I thought Al Gore had something valuable stolen from him

I saw this story on the Bicycle Retailer and Industry News ....

http://www.bicycleretailer.com/news/newsDetail/2230.html

“They’ve probably been sold for a $10 rock of crack.” —Peter Wicker, owner of Outback Bikes, a cycle dealer in the Atlanta area, who gave Jimmy Carter and his wife, Rosalynn, Specialized bikes in November 2007. The Carters bikes were stolen earlier this month from the Carter Center in Atlanta.

When I first started reading the quote I thought that Mr. Wicker was implying that our former President and first lady had developed a habit themselves. Which would be tragic, unless you have seen "Little Miss Sunshine". Because as Grandpa will tell you when you young you are crazy to do herion, but when you are old you are crazy not to.

After I read that the bike had been stolen and that it was this mystery thief with the drug problem the quote made more sense. But there are other reasons apart from a cocaine habit to steal a bike (though, living in Baltimore all evidence seems to be contrary) . My money is that this guy stole it:



So if you live in Atlanta ... be wary of people with Italian accents.

... oh and Bush ... you better keep an eye on all those Madones and Fuels that TREK / Revloution Bike Shop have given you. I have seen Burlesconi eye'n em.

No comments: